Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Camping holiday

I've been on a camping holiday for the past few days with friends, hence why no posts. We got back late afternoon to do some washing and are off again tomorrow morning for a few more days camping at a festival so there'll probably be no posts while we're away then either.

The down side to being away camping is that it's meant doing training has been really hard to do. We've eaten later than we would at home and it's getting dark much earlier too. I've tried to do something, although haven't always succeeded!! It's a shame it's getting so close to the event as it means I'll only have a week of being back in 'proper' training before the actual thing.

Sat 18/8 - Run 1.13miles in 15m57s (when I had to stop because I kept nearly getting hit by cars who couldn't see me as they came round the windy roads in the dusk!!)
Sun 19/8 - Swimming in the sea! Although I didn't do a distance or 'timed' swim, I did a reasonably decent swim made particularly hard by biggish waves and strong current!
Mon 20/8 - Erm... walking to the  beach and back, and swimming in the sea!! Oh, and walking to the toilets / washing up place throughout the day... it was 1/2km each time!
Tues 21/8 - Run 1.2miles in 15m 36s (before getting stung by stinging nettles trying to avoid the traffic!)

Weds 22 / 8 - Cycle 2.53miles in 12m 14s (I'm tired and figured it was better to have done something than nothing!).

No comments: