Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The beginning

I used to be very fit and do lots of sports when I was at school and university. It's gone downhill ever since. I do a reasonable amount of walking but it tends to be slow ambling while Geocaching.

Since teenage years, I have always wanted to do a triathlon and found the Cheltenham triathlon recently.

Training for potentially completing the triathlon began last week. I'd entered myself and my daughter to do a Race for Life in July as a half way point, and was going to leave it until fairly late to enter the triathlon, depending on whether my enthusiasm for fitness continued!! I knew I wanted to, also spurred on by the fact that someone laughed at me when I said I wanted to do it.

I told a lovely friend this, and today I received the entry fee and the instructions to send off the form. She did a half marathon not that long ago, something completely new for her so she has 'been' there. So the form has gone and I need to make sure my fitness drive does continue!!

The distances are:
Swim 500m 
Cycle 15 Km (9.3 miles) 
Run 2.7 Km (1.7 miles) 


The theory is that I can blog what I'm doing. So, here's what's happened last week and this week...
Mon 11th - Run 1.2mile, 18min
Tues 12th - Cycle 7.7mile, 43 min
Weds 13th - Swim 500m, 15min
Thur 14th - Run 1.2mile, 16m 43s
Fri 15th - Cycle 11.5mile, Geocaching so no time
Sat 16th - none

Sun 17th Run 1.5mile, 22min
Mon 18th Swim 500m, 14min
Tues 18th Cycle 11mile, 68min

 Feedback and / or encouragement welcome!!

1 comment:

Auntie Doris said...

Wow!!! I think you're nuts but good for you!